Infrastructure Surtax Committee Meeting Update
THE INFRASTRUCTURE SURTAX CITIZENS OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE WILL HOLD A REGULAR MEETING ON THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2021 AT 1:30 PM IN CONFERENCE ROOM 3 OF THE ROGER POITRAS ADMINISTRATION ANNEX LOCATED AT 2300 VIRGINIA AVENUE, FORT PIERCE, FLORIDA.
The Public will be able to submit questions and comments electronically by visiting the following THIS LINK. Comments received electronically will be distributed to the Board in advance of the meeting and included in the record provided that the comments comply with the County’s rules. All electronic comments must be received by noon on the day prior to the County meeting.
NOTICE: All Proceedings before this Board are electronically recorded. Any person who decides to appeal any action taken by the Board at these meetings will need a record of the proceedings and for such purpose may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made. Upon the request of any party to the proceedings, individuals testifying during a hearing will be sworn in. Any party to the proceedings will be granted the opportunity to cross-examine any individual testifying during a hearing upon request. Anyone with a disability requiring accommodation to attend this meeting should contact the Human Resources Department at (772) 462-1546, HumanResources@stlucieco.org or TDD (772) 462-1428 at least forty-eight (48) hours prior to the meeting.
Created to review the County’s expenditures of Surtax proceeds to be used for the financing, planning, constructing, reconstructing, renovating and improving of our needed infrastructure.
- We are currently taking applications for this board. Interested parties, please visit our Advisory Board home page and click on the application link.
- The Committee shall consist of nine (9) members and one (1) alternate. All members
shall have the following qualifications:
- A member shall be a resident of St. Lucie County
- One member shall be appointed by each member of the BCC
- Four members shall be appointed at large with one at-large member from Fort
Pierce and one at-large member from Port St. Lucie
- At-large members shall serve a term of four years
- Members shall not be elected officials or County staff members
- Consideration should be given to applicants to the Committee that have a
background in engineering, planning or finance.
- The term of each member of the Committee appointed by an individual Board member
shall coincide with the terms of the BCC member that appointed the member of the
- Vacancies occurring for any reason during the term of office by a Committee Member
shall be filled within ninety (90) days from the date of the vacancy.
- A quorum shall consist of no less than five (5) members.
- Recommendations and decisions of the Committee shall be made by a majority vote of
those present and voting.
The meeting location has not yet been determined.
Deputy County Administrator
firstname.lastname@example.org • 772-462-1156
Sr. Office Operations Specialist
|Member||Appointed By||Term Expires|
|Jeffrey Lyons||Commissioner Dzadovsky||11/2020|
|Jayne Rowley||Commissioner Mitchell||11/2023|
|Carolyn Niemczyk||Commissioner Bartz||11/2020|
|Mike Monahan||Commissioner Hutchinson||11/2023|
|Deborah Beutel||Commissioner Townsend||11/2020|
|DJ Ferguson||At-Large Alternate||1/2023|