The Veteran’s Memorial Stormwater Quality Retrofit Project will provide additional stormwater storage and attenuation for a drainage basin of approximately 1,065 acres. This project was designed to be constructed in six (6) phases.
The additional stormwater storage and attenuation will be provided via the construction of three (3) stormwater control structures, and the excavation of nine (9) wet retention ponds upstream of the control structures. The control structures will be constructed at existing uncontrolled discharge locations into the North Fork of the St. Lucie River. Once all six (6) phases are constructed, this project will provide approximately 330 acre-feet (107 million gallons) of additional storage.
All work will be performed in City of Port St. Lucie drainage rights-of-way and no property acquisition will be required.
- Reduced discharges from the drainage basin into the North fork of the St. Lucie River
- Will provide an additional 330 acre-feet of stormwater storage
- Reducing nutrient load of the stormwater before it leaves the City
- Reducing Nitrogen and Phosphorus levels entering the Indian River Lagoon
- Reducing freshwater discharges and relat-ed negative impacts on the Indian River Lagoon
- Provide enhanced aesthetics for the surrounding residential area
Construction: Ph 1 $115,000.00
Ph 2 $125,000.00
Ph 3 $760,000.00
Ph 4 $570,000.00
Ph 5 $430,000.00
Ph 6 $1,500,000.00
Funds Expended: $195,710.00